Just a quick test of Ogg-friendly video embedding with mv_embed in my WordPress blog…
Here’s Elephant Mud Bath.ogg from Wikimedia Commons:
- Seems to work nice in Firefox 3.0 with Java
- Seems to sort of work in Safari 3.2 with Xiph Quicktime components (have to play, then pause, then play again
Haven’t tested other browsers or FF 3.1 yet.
- Still have to edit some settings in mv_embed.js manually to make it work (fix path, disable MediaWiki-dependent script loader)
- Currently have to manually make/pick a thumbnail image
- Seeking doesn’t currently seem to work (needs server support for oggz_chop?)
- WordPress’s wysiwyg editor eats the entire <video> tag if I switch out of HTML mode! It leaves the <script> at least. 😛
- Integrating support into the upload/insert tool would be awesome of course, beating manual writing of the HTML.