As a guy who spends a lot of time in remote Linux shells from a laptop, I’m looking for better integration between my terminal emulators and screen sessions.
- Let me use native scrollbars to access the backscroll!
- Start me in screen by default so I don’t forget to start one.
- If I have disconnected sessions, let me choose to reconnect or create a new session, with some reasonable menu.
- Automatically reconnect to the server and the screen session after network disruption (switching networks, sleeping the machine overnight, etc)
- Not messing up backspace. (This plagues me on Mac clients a lot. Backspace works fine in regular terminal but becomes forward delete in screen session. WTF?)
Linux & Mac clients both welcome… Anybody know something down this road already available?