Well, I did some more hacking on it this weekend:
- Color output? Check.
- Streaming input? Check. (But no seeking yet, and buffering is aggressive on some browsers.)
- Sound? Check. (But it’s not synced, choppy, and usually the wrong sample rate. And no IE or iOS support yet.)
- Pretty interface to select any file from Wikimedia Commons’ Media of the Day archive? Check.
- Laid some groundwork for separating the codec to a background Worker thread (not yet implemented)
- See the readme for more info.
Feel free to try building or hacking the source for fun. :)