Trying to set up Windows Server 2003 (trial download) to confirm & fix bug 3000 for MediaWiki running under IIS.
[[Wikipedia:Apricot|Apricots]]: YUMMMMMMM! Easy to slice in half and remove the pit, and verrrry delicious. Dried apricots are also nice and last longer in the cupboard.
[[Wikipedia:Peach|Peaches]]: Similar to its smaller cousin the apricot, but IMHO they’re harder to work with. The pitting vs deliciousness ratio is unfavorable.
[[Wikipedia:Blueberry|Blueberries]]: Pretty awesome when you pick them yourself in the forest. Prepackaged, though, I find them kinda… boring and tasteless. Maybe I just got boring mass-produced Chilean blueberries, though.
[[Wikipedia:Blackberry|Blackberries]]: Upside: yum! Downside: full of little crunchy seeds.
1.9.0 final in a day or so, after a few more chances for people to test last-minute regressions.
Unfortunately we don’t seem to have a lot of such devices ourselves to test with, and they all behave differently, so we haven’t really had the resources to seriously work on testing tweaks for better phone/handheld support.
My crappy little phone just has some kind of WAP browser, I think, which I’ve never really been able to get to do anything productive. For kicks I took a peek to see if Opera Mini would run on my phone, since I *think* it has some kind of Java… alas, once I finally got connected to the site it claimed my phone isn’t supported.
Opera Mini actually handles Wikipedia pretty decently. The really cool thing is that since the client side is Java, they have an applet version so you can test the actual Opera Mini rendering in any desktop web browser. I LOVE YOU OPERA! YOU MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO TEST MY WEB SITE IN YOUR PRODUCT!!!! IIII LLLLLOOOOVVEEE YYOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!ONE
Of course currently our fundraising drive notice covers the entire screen, but… hey… ;)
Update 2007-01-07: I’m collecting links to mobile testing resources at [[mw:Mobile browser testing]].
After 3 hours of poking at samples and documentation and sleep deprivation, I now have a package containing… a changelog file.
(Update: got it working eventually, after scrapping all the files and rebuilding them with dh_make.)
I tossed together a silly WordPress plugin to special-case links into [[leuksman|my wiki pages]] such as my [[gimp mac helper]] tools, as well as to MediaWiki’s bug tracker (eg, bug 1) and SVN repository (r12345 was nice).
SVN anonymous checkout: http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/silly-regex-linker/
Only useful if you’re me at the moment, but maybe I’ll generalize it for fun.
For a long time I’ve found SSHKeychain an invaluable little app on my Macs, making remote logins with keys relatively painless.
When I upgraded to an Intel-based MacBook last month, I was saddened to find that there wasn’t a Universal release; the last PPC release didn’t run on Intel; and development seems to have stopped altogether. :(
The good news is that it’s open source, and further one of the last code checkins, early in 2006, had been to add Universal binary build support. So I went ahead and built the thing for my own use.
I did though find that it crashed intermittently when waking from sleep. After a little debugging I found the problem; some variables were initialized badly so if all your keychains were locked it would crash. Fun! Easy to fix, though.
I mailed the patch to the dormant developers mailing list and the author, hopefully it’ll get rolled in and other people will get to use it…